Werewolf Disguise
Arts & Crafts Activity

Monday, October 22, 2012
Over the past couple of weeks I have been presenting you various Halloween crafts aimed for decorating purposes. Then I realized, isn't Halloween also about costumes??! Kids love to dress up in Halloween-themed costumes and adore the fact that they can pretend to be whoever their heart desires. Then it dawned on me... I had to make the topic of my next  Halloween post about a disguise. And so I came up with an arts and crafts that is fairly elementary to make and that will certainly bring loads of fun and laughter to its creator: your child!

In actuality, this Halloween craft can be made at any point during the year, for any given occasion really. We all know how kids enjoy role playing and so, this werewolf costume can come in handy at any time! To really create the full werewolf effect, dress your little one completely in black or grey. Children excitement guaranteed! I wish I could've showed you a picture of my son wearing the werewolf hat but him and hats do not mesh together very well... anything that sits on his head, well, doesn't really sit on his head! He'd rather play with it than wear it! Will try again in a few years! 

The necessary material

  • Shoe box with its cover
  • Glue stick
  • Scissors
  • Black and white paint
  • Pencil
  • White paper
  • Black marker

The steps

  • Inside the lid of the box, draw with the pencil two ears 12 cm in length.
  • Cut them out.
  • On three sides of the box, draw with the pencil the wolf's teeth.
  • Cut them out.
  • Glue the wolf's ears at the back of the wolf's head.
  • Paint the box black EXCEPT for the teeth that you will paint in white.
  • While the paint dries, draw the two wolf's eyes, almond-shaped, on the white paper, then draw along their outline with the black marker and blackened their pupil.
  • Glue the eyes on the outer surfaces of the face (both sides of the box). 
  • Place the box on top of your child's head. 
  • TA-DA! Your little one has turned into a werewolf! 

Happy Halloween everyone!

We Made That



12 Fabulous Comments:

Unknown said...

So super cute....thanks for sharing

Anita Anderson said...

OMG this is easy to make. my son would love it.

Annabelle said...

I always prefer homemade costumes to the store bought- and this looks fun and easy! My daughter is obsessed with werewolves, so this is now a must-do project. Thanks!

Celebrate Woman said...

Oh, this would be a perfect time spent together with my child!
I love crafts that we can easily recreate at home.
Thank you for this wonderful gift of a lesson!

Daily Mothering said...

How cute! And it looks so easy to make. What a great idea, thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

that thing is so stinking cute! My kids would have a lot of fun making that!

Unknown said...

You're right, kids would love this at any time of the year! Perfect for a rainy day! Thanks!

Unknown said...

This is really cute! I love it!

Anonymous said...

so cute! thanks for the idea!!

Mrs. Stephens said...

Thats so cute. I love that idea. I think I want to try this with my kids

Unknown said...

This is such a great idea! It would be wonderful to use in retelling of the 3 Little Pigs or Little Red Riding Hood.

Claire Justine said...

Great idea,thanks for sharing with us at Creative Mondays new Gfc follower :)

Post a Comment