To be original and diversified, I decided to turn my creation into a candy jar, but, you have many options at hand. The mummy jar could also be, for example, a candle holder, a decorative object or a vase. Make many and group them or line them up to create an even more dramatic effect!
What you will need
- An old jar, such as a Mason jar, jam jar, peanut butter jar, etc.
- Gauze, crepe bandage, cheesecloth, white streamers, toilet paper, basically whatever you can find that is narrow, white and can be wrapped around a jar!
- Clear tape
- Googly eyes (if you can't get your hands on some, draw a pair on paper with a black marker and glue them to your jar)
- Glue (if not using self-adhesive eyes)
- Flameless votives, if you want to turn your jar into a luminary decoration
How to make it
- If necessary, clean jar and dry off completely.
- Take gauze and tape the edge of it to the back of the vase at the bottom.
- As you wrap the gauze around the vase twist and turn the gauze to give it some dimension.
- When you have completely covered the vase, cut the gauze and tuck the end under a layer or glue it in place.
- Next, glue on 2 wiggly eyes or simply stick them on if using the self-adhesive type (if desired, tuck them into the cheesecloth a bit to make it look like the mummy is peeking out).
- If you would like to give your mummy an oldish look, ink the edges of your strips with a bit of brown ink and a q-tip.
- Easy peasy!
Happy Halloween everyone!