1/2 c. maple syrup
About 8 regular apples (Cortland or McIntosh Apples will give you lighter butter, while Melba or Paula Red will give you a darker butter)
1 tsp bottled lemon juice
1/2 c. butter
1 tbsp vanilla
- Peel, core and slice the apples.
- In a big pot, mix all the ingredients together.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and let it simmer for about 30-45 minutes (until the apples are very cooked, tender, and that there is barely any liquid left in the pot).
- Remove from heat.
- Puree in a blender or food processor.
- Pour into sterilized jars (same method as for canning jam) or simply keep in the fridge or freezer.