Apple Maple Butter
Recipe

Friday, October 12, 2012
When I think of fall, I think of apple picking! I love going to the orchard and picking some apples to bring home to cook! I have so many amazing apple recipes, starting with this one right here. Try the apple maple butter on toast, vanilla ice cream, pancakes, waffles, in a sandwich with peanut butter, with oatmeal, with pork chops or tenderloin... the possibilities are endless!

1/2 c. maple syrup
About 8 regular apples (Cortland or McIntosh Apples will give you lighter butter, while Melba or Paula Red will give you a darker butter)
1 tsp bottled lemon juice
1/2 c. butter
1 tbsp vanilla

  • Peel, core and slice the apples. 
  • In a big pot, mix all the ingredients together. 
  • Bring to a boil. 
  • Reduce the heat to medium-low and let it simmer for about 30-45 minutes (until the apples are very cooked, tender, and that there is barely any liquid left in the pot). 
  • Remove from heat. 
  • Puree in a blender or food processor. 
  • Pour into sterilized jars (same method as for canning jam) or simply keep in the fridge or freezer.



7 Fabulous Comments:

Sofia @ From PDX with Love said...

This looks so good! I'm hungry :D

Unknown said...

Oh that looks delicious! I want some apple butter on my fresh homemade bread!

Allyson Bossie said...

This looks delicious. How did you keep the apples so white? mine always get an apple butter color when they cook.

SOS Mom said...

Allyson, we went apple picking a few weeks ago and picked up some McIntosh and used those ones. Depending on the type of apples your used, your butter will have different colours.

Unknown said...

It wasn't until I went to an Apple and Cheese festival that I learned that Apple butter isn't really butter. It was like a whole new world opened up to me! I am in love with pumpkin butter now, too.
I pinned this and am sharing it with a friend.
Tiffany

Katrina said...

I have this simmering on the stove at this very moment! Looks and sounds so yummy! Thanks for sharing!

Trish - Mom On Timeout said...

Looks delicious! Just shared on Twitter! Thank you so much for sharing your creativity at Mom On Timeout!

Post a Comment