What will be needed
- Mini pumpkins
- Black pipe cleaners
- Tea light candles
- Knife or any kind of carving tool of your choice
How to create it
- To make the job of tracing your candle on your pumpkin easier, take the wax portion part of your candle out of its casing.
- Place your casing on top of your pumpkin, open side down, and trace your circle.
- Next, pick your favourite carving tool and cut into the pumpkin, going around your drawn circle. (Piece of advice, try to cut in the inner circle, only becasue you're better off cutting too too small and making it bigger later, than cutting too big and your candle falling in!)
- Next, time to gut your gourd! Scrape the inside of it and try to clean it out as much as possible.
- Place your candle back into its casing and place it into the new hole you just created in your pumpkin. If need be, widen your opening a little, but make sure to keep it a snug fit. Push it down to be as flush as possible without it falling into the pumpkin.
- Now what you want to do is mark out where you want to place your 8 spider legs.
- With the help of a sharp tool, make tiny holes into the pumpkin flesh. Make sure they are deep enough so that the pipe cleaners will push in with ease and yet hold in place solidly enough.
- Cut your pipe cleaners in half to give you your 8 spider legs. Insert your pipe cleaners into the leg holes. Bend the pipe cleaners at approximately the middle of the legs to create knees, and afterwards bend at the tip to make little feet.
- Hurray! Your very own spooky scary spider candle holders! Neat huh?!
- If you would like, you can decorate your spider pumpkins with eyes, mouth, or any feature you desire.
Happy Halloween everyone!