1 1/4 c. unbleached all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 c. unsalted butter, softened
1/4 c. peanut butter
3/4 c. packed brown sugar
1 large egg
3 tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 Oh Henry! chocolate bars, diced
- Place rack in the upper third part of the oven. Now, this step is very important. Failure to do so will result in your cookies burning before they get the chance to cook properly.
- Preheat oven to 400° F (200° C).
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In another bigger bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and brown sugar together with a hand mixer.
- Add the egg and beat until the mixture is homogeneous.
- With spatula or wooden spoon, incorporate the dry ingredients.
- Then incorporate the chocolate chips and chocolate bars.
- With floured hands, shape the dough into 20 small balls and put on cookie sheets (seeing how they spread when they bake, only place 5-6 cookies per sheet).
- With your fingers or a fork, flatten slightly.
- Bake for about 8 minutes, or until lightly golden-brown.
- Cool completely on the sheets before transferring to a plate.