Oh Henry! Cookies - Recipe

Wednesday, October 10, 2012
I must warn you, once you bite into these cookies, you won't be able to stop yourself! Remarkably delectable, you will end up doubling the recipe. Makes 20 cookies.

1 1/4 c. unbleached all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 c. unsalted butter, softened
1/4 c. peanut butter
3/4 c. packed brown sugar
1 large egg
3 tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 Oh Henry! chocolate bars, diced


  • Place rack in the upper third part of the oven. Now, this step is very important. Failure to do so will result in your cookies burning before they get the chance to cook properly. 
  • Preheat oven to 400° F (200° C). 
  • Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. 
  • In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside. 
  • In another bigger bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and brown sugar together with a hand mixer. 
  • Add the egg and beat until the mixture is homogeneous. 
  • With spatula or wooden spoon, incorporate the dry ingredients. 
  • Then incorporate the chocolate chips and chocolate bars. 
  • With floured hands, shape the dough into 20 small balls and put on cookie sheets (seeing how they spread when they bake, only place 5-6 cookies per sheet). 
  • With your fingers or a fork, flatten slightly. 
  • Bake for about 8 minutes, or until lightly golden-brown. 
  • Cool completely on the sheets before transferring to a plate.




7 Fabulous Comments:

Tonya said...

Yum! I added this to my Pinterest board :)

Samantha K said...

Those look amazing and my son loves to bake with me so we will be making them!

Young At Heart Mommy said...

Oh these look good! I am always on the search for new cookie recipes. These look chewy just how i like them >:)

Anonymous said...

I AM SO hungry now... now I have to raid my food cabinet

Ashley S said...

YUM! You are making me hungry! Those look delicious :)

An Ordinary Housewife said...

Wow, those look dangerous! LOL. I love cookies--especially hot ones with gooey chocolate. :-)

cman said...

My husband loves those bars, thanks for the recipe!

Post a Comment