Scary Ghostly Jugs
Arts & Crafts Activity

Monday, October 1, 2012
With Halloween fast approaching, I took it upon myself to dedicate all my arts and crafts postings for the month of October to this spooky holiday. Position these homemade spirit lanterns along a path, by the entranceway or on a porch, as they will happily greet all visitors with their spooky, ghostly expressions!

A little while back, as I was navigating the internet, I came across this activity idea from Disney Family Fun. I absolutely love making this arts and crafts, thanks to its simplicity and originality. Not to mention the fun! Your little ones will have a great time decorating their very own scary lantern.

The necessary material
  • Plastic gallon milk, water, juice or oil jugs
  • Black permanent marker
  • Craft knife
  • String of 50 clear low-wattage holiday lights

The how-to
  • Thoroughly clean the jugs to avoid all unpleasant smells. Dry off completely. 
  • Draw ghost eyes and mouths of your liking on the jugs. Make sure you leave the caps on while you do this so the jugs don't dent.
  • Use the craft knife to cut a one inch hole in the back of each jug (to be performed by a grownup only).
  • Arrange the ghosts near each other and string the lights between them, stuffing several bulbs into each of the jugs.
  • Time to enjoy your wonderful creation! 

Happy Halloween everyone! 



7 Fabulous Comments:

Allyson Bossie said...

Those are so cute! I love them and may make some of our own to enjoy here!

Mudpiesandtiaras said...

I pinned it. SO cute! Thank you!

LOVE MELISSA:) said...

What a creative activity!

Anonymous said...

what an awesome and creative idea. LOVE IT...

Unknown said...

Soo easy and adorable!! Thanks for sharing!

LisaLisa said...

How cool, I'm having a Halloween Party this weekend and I would love to make these for the party. Thanks for sharing this post!

Jennifer Carroll said...

I saw these last year and wanted to do them! Thanks for posting! It reminded me that I want to do this year for Halloween!

Post a Comment