A little while back, as I was navigating the internet, I came across this activity idea from Disney Family Fun. I absolutely love making this arts and crafts, thanks to its simplicity and originality. Not to mention the fun! Your little ones will have a great time decorating their very own scary lantern.
The necessary material
- Plastic gallon milk, water, juice or oil jugs
- Black permanent marker
- Craft knife
- String of 50 clear low-wattage holiday lights
- Thoroughly clean the jugs to avoid all unpleasant smells. Dry off completely.
- Draw ghost eyes and mouths of your liking on the jugs. Make sure you leave the caps on while you do this so the jugs don't dent.
- Use the craft knife to cut a one inch hole in the back of each jug (to be performed by a grownup only).
- Arrange the ghosts near each other and string the lights between them, stuffing several bulbs into each of the jugs.
- Time to enjoy your wonderful creation!
Happy Halloween everyone!