Edible Finger Paint
Arts & Crafts Activity

Sunday, October 28, 2012
I was debating. Will this week's arts and crafts activity be about Halloween, or not? Then I figured that Halloween was almost a thing of the past so I thought of moving on to something that can be enjoyed any time of the year! I wanted to present you with something very, very easy for children of any age. So here it is! Something that your littles ones will have the time of their life with!

Finger painting is a popular activity amongst toddlers. But moms and dads love it even more when they don't have to worry about their youngsters putting their little fingers in their mouths while painting... if you know what I mean!

The material

  • 4 tbsp sugar 
  • 1/3 cup cornstarch 
  • 2 cups cold water 
  • Food colouring 
  • Containers

The how-to

  • In a small saucepan, mix together the sugar and cornstarch.
  • Slowly whisk in the cold water. 
  • Over medium heat, continue to whisk mixture until it thickens. Don't let it thicken too much though because it will continue to thicken considerably as it cools off. (Add more water if need be.)
  • Decide on how many colours you would like to make, and divide the mixture accordingly into containers. 
  • Once the mixture has cooled off, stir in your food colouring to create your desired colours.
  • Time to get the paper out and paint away! 



17 Fabulous Comments:

Unknown said...

This looks like lots of fun!

Mama to 5 said...

that sounds like fun and sage!

LOVE MELISSA:) said...

That is such a creative idea!

Mudpiesandtiaras said...

Fun and safe! Love it! Thanks so much!

OurHopeIsInTheLord said...

Looks like alot of fun:)

Happy Gardening, Kim said...

You are so brave!!! I bet little one had a blast. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

I agree with Kim, you're a brave woman!! But that picture shows it was well worth it, looks like your little one had a ball!

Mrs. Stephens said...

This looks like so much fun. I really need to to this with my kiddos

Mama Luvs Books said...

Edible? That is AWESOME!! What fun!

Allyson Bossie said...

oh boy, that is a ton of messy fun!

Icar said...

fun activity for the kids for them to showcase their artistic abilities!

Pam said...

I bet your little one had a blast. Very creative.

Sam said...

What a great idea! This would be perfect for my niece.

Unknown said...

Looks like a fantastic time being artistic!

Malia said...

My daughter would LOVE this!

jessica barnett said...

omg! THANKS FOR SHARING. IT IS A GREAT IDEA AND I LOVE THAT IT IS NON TOXIC! HOPE YOU TOOK LOTS OF PICUTES

kewkew said...

Yep, gotta try this (so I will be pinning it). We've made finger paint before, but I have never been happy with the way it turned out. Hoping this one will be better. THanks for sharing.

Post a Comment