Gingery Asian Pork
Recipe

Thursday, October 18, 2012
I don't know about you, but I love everything asian. Whether it be Chinese, Vietnamese, Thai, I have a humongous love affair with the various flavours and textures of their cuisine. My boyfriend and I have been growing more and more of a passion in preparing asian-inspired dishes. Our skills are slowly getting there too! Now, my favourite, for this pork recipe, is to serve it with jasmine rice and bok choy... almost a master chef dish, almost! 

1 1/2 lb. pork tenderloin, fat removed, cut lengthwise and sliced few millimetres thick (this is very important for the outcome of this recipe... you will definitely not get the desired results, taste and texture if you don't cut thin enough)
1/2 c. mirin
1/4 c. soya sauce
2 tbsp fresh grated ginger
2 tbsp rice vinegar
2 cloves of garlic
Pepper
3 tbsp canola oil


  • In a bowl, mix the mirin, soya sauce, ginger, rice vinegar and garlic. Season with pepper. Add the pork and mix until well coated. 
  • Cover the bowl and marinate meat in the fridge for about 2 hours. 
  • Once the time is up, drain the meat, making sure you keep the marinade. 
  • In a pan or a wok, heat the oil and sauté the meat, until golden. 
  • Set aside on a plate and keep warm. 
  • Pour the marinade in the pan or wok and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. 
  • Reduce heat to low and simmer until the mixture becomes syrupy. 
  • Remove from heat. 
  • Add the meat and stir slightly until well coated.



7 Fabulous Comments:

Unknown said...

I am like you I love it too! I am lucky that the hub's likes it too so we get to try/eat many different asian recipes. This one looks super delicious!

Beth said...

This looks SO good!

Mrs. Stephens said...

This looks so yummy and definitely making it onto my new dish night menu for sure. I am pinning it right now.

Sam said...

Oh I am going to have to make this. Looks very yummy.

erica said...

I'm not a big pork eater, but this does look yummy! :)

Anonymous said...

OMG yum!! triple YUM..

I too love everything and anything asian.

I now have a hankering for Chinese

Sofia @ From PDX with Love said...

I'm so giving this a try!!! But not with pork though, maybe beef!! I love Asian food!

Post a Comment