Chocolate & Caramel Bars
Recipe

Tuesday, October 9, 2012
These very easy and yummy treats will gain popularity in your house in no time. And with the holiday season coming up soon, they make the perfect sweets to add in your cookie tin, either as a gift or simply to keep all to yourself! Makes about 36 squares. 

2 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 c. butter, softened
1 c. pecan halves
2/3 c. butter
1/2 c. firmly packed brown sugar
1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips


  • Heat oven to 350°F. 
  • Combine flour, one cup of brown sugar and half cup of butter in large bowl. 
  • Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed and particles are fine (2 to 3 min). 
  • Press onto bottom of ungreased 13"x9" baking pan. 
  • Sprinkle pecans evenly over unbaked crust. 
  • In 1-quart saucepan, combine 2/3 cup of butter and 1/2 cup of brown sugar. 
  • Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a full boil. Boil, stirring constantly, for a minute or two. 
  • Pour evenly over pecans and crust. 
  • Bake for 18-20 minutes or until entire caramel layer is bubbly (be careful not to over bake). Remove from oven. 
  • Immediately sprinkle with chips; allow to melt slightly (2 to 3 minutes). Swirl chips leaving some whole for a marbled effect. 
  • Cool completely before cutting into bars. 




10 Fabulous Comments:

Sofia said...

Awesome!! These look good!

Unknown said...

OH that looks and sounds delicious!I love chocolate and Caramel together.

Honey + Lime said...

OH MY HEAVENS! I want! Please tell me you deliver nationwide??? LOL. Thanks for the recipe :)

Danielle S said...

Oh my goodness, this sounds so good! I want to lose weight and all I've been seeing in yummy treats!

Mama Luvs Books said...

YUM! I love baking!! Pinning this recipe!!!

Happy Gardening, Kim said...

Yummy...and this looks easy enough. Good idea from above....Pinning receipe...so you'll always have it.

Unknown said...

LOVE IT!! I pinned them and can't wait to try!
Tiffany

LOVE MELISSA:) said...

Those look delicious!!!

Allyson Bossie said...

So, my address is...and if you ship them overnight they will still be fresh :D. These seriously look delish, and I bet my DH will love them. I'll let ya know after I try out your recipe!

Carole said...

Thanks for linking this in to Food on Friday, Melissa. cheers

Post a Comment