2 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 c. butter, softened
1 c. pecan halves
2/3 c. butter
1/2 c. firmly packed brown sugar
1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, one cup of brown sugar and half cup of butter in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed and particles are fine (2 to 3 min).
- Press onto bottom of ungreased 13"x9" baking pan.
- Sprinkle pecans evenly over unbaked crust.
- In 1-quart saucepan, combine 2/3 cup of butter and 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a full boil. Boil, stirring constantly, for a minute or two.
- Pour evenly over pecans and crust.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until entire caramel layer is bubbly (be careful not to over bake). Remove from oven.
- Immediately sprinkle with chips; allow to melt slightly (2 to 3 minutes). Swirl chips leaving some whole for a marbled effect.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.