German Apple Pancake
Recipe

Sunday, October 14, 2012
A nice breakfast recipe that has been in my boyfriend's family for years... I'm sure it will become a classic in yours too! The German apple pancake will be a nice change to your regular breakfast routine. Or why not try it for the brunch menu!?

3 eggs
2/3 c. half-half or plain milk
1/2 c. flour
1/4 c. unsalted butter, melted

1/2 c. sugar
3/4 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of salt
3 apples
Icing sugar to decorate

  • Peel and core apples and then cut into thin slices. 
  • Mix in a bowl with cinnamon and sugar until well coated. 
  • Melt butter in a pan over medium heat and add apple mixture. 
  • Cook until caramelized. While cooking, mix milk, flour, salt and eggs together. 
  • Transfer apples into a deep, round oven-dish (about 9 or 10" size... the bigger it is the thinner your pancake will be) and pour flour mixture over it. 
  • Bake in the oven at 450° F for about 15 minutes, or until very golden and toothpick inserted in the center comes out completely clean. 
  • Flip onto plate. 
  • Cut into desired size slices and serve.



16 Fabulous Comments:

Mrs. Stephens said...

That looks really yummy. I will have to give it a try for brunch one Sunday.

Unknown said...

These look so yummy... Almost like apple pie, but for breakfast :)

Ashley B. said...

I think I just died and went to Heaven! This looks amazing! Thank you for sharing :) Yum!

Unknown said...

OMG, looks so great

Kristyn said...

omg this looks freakin amazing!! must make :)

Donna said...

mmmmmm, that looks so yummy! I know my husband would love it. I pinned it, because I'll be trying this soon!

Allyson Bossie said...

That looks almost like an apple tart. Either way, I am wanting some badly now!

OurHopeIsInTheLord said...

Those looks great!!

Mama Luvs Books said...

Looks so delicious!!! YUM!!

Danielle S said...

I haven't had breakfast yet, and I want this for breakfast right now!!! Yum!! I pinned this to save and share!

Amanda Tempel said...

This looks so yummy! I'm so hungry right now.. and now I'm more hungry D: lol

Mudpiesandtiaras said...

Sounds so yummy and so very Fall!!!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness!! Sounds and looks so yummmmmmy!

LisaLisa said...

Geez this is making me hungry. Mmm mmm good looking LOL :0)

Marti @ SewLicious Home Decor said...

These look fantastic! I am going to have to make these. Thank you so much for linking to SHOW-licious Craft Showcase! :)

http://sew-licious.blogspot.com/2012/11/show-licious-craft-showcase-9-blog-party.html

Marti

Theresa said...

Looks yummy! Visiting from dearcreatives.com

Post a Comment