1 1/2 c. flour
1 c. sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 c. vegetable oil
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 c. (3 medium) finely grated carrots
1 c. flaked coconut
1 c. powdered sugar
90 g. cream cheese, softened
1 tbsp orange juice
1 tbsp grated orange zest
- Heat oven to 350° F (180C).
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir in the oil, eggs and vanilla until well mixed.
- Add in carrots and coconut and stir well (batter is thick).
- Spread into greased and floured 9" round cake pan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool off for a few minutes before taking it out of the pan.
- Let cool off completely on a rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine all glaze ingredients.
- Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until smooth (1 minute or so).
- Spread over cooled off cake.