Divine Italian Tomato Sauce
Recipe

Thursday, October 18, 2012
This sauce is simply all-around amazing. First off, as you will notice,  there's not many steps, hence no need for you to be in the kitchen for hours cooking it. Secondly, its versatility is impressive. Pair it with anything, it will always taste divine. And lastly, this sauce bursts with flavour!

2 cans (796 ml each) diced tomatoes
2 cans (398 ml each) tomato sauce
4 tbsp oil
2 medium onions, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
3 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried thym
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp onion salt


  • In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat and sauté the onion and garlic until onion is translucent. 
  • Add the remaining of ingredients and bring to a boil. 
  • Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 to 60 minutes (depending on your preference of thickness).



13 Fabulous Comments:

LOVE MELISSA:) said...

I am always looking for a good sauce recipe. Thank you so much! This would go great with my meatballs!

Mrs. Stephens said...

This looks so easy to make. I haven't tried making my own sauce yet. I think I will have to give it a try.

Sofia @ From PDX with Love said...

Hmm...that looks good!! I bet it smells even better! :D

Anonymous said...

YUM! I love tomato sauce mmmmmm

Mudpiesandtiaras said...

Sounds sooooooo good!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Sounds super scrumptious.....I bet it'd be good with fresh tomatoes too.

Just Short said...

Thank you. I've been looking for a good tomato sauce recipe.

Danielle S said...

Sounds good! I am a little tired of the old sauce recipe that I have been using--much too complicated. This looks easy, and will probably taste just as good, too.

Unknown said...

Would this simmer okay in a crockpot all day? I'm thinking it would be perfect to put on low and heat while I work! :)

Tesa @ 2 Wired 2 Tired said...

Oh yum! That looks and sounds delicious. I love trying to make my own tomato sauce, I'll have to try this sometime.

Happy Gardening, Kim said...

Sounds yummy....but something my son will not eat! I love love tomatoes, but my them selves and not in a can. Thanks for sharing...my hubby will want to make this though!~!

Unknown said...

Sounds good. I am trying to move away from my standard Classico sauce from Costco. Always good to have a scratch recipe! Thanks.

Krystle (Baking Beauty) said...

I've never made my own sauce, but this looks divine!

Post a Comment