1 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 c. unsalted butter
1 c. sugar
1 c. milk
1 c. maple syrup
1 c. packed brown sugar
1 c. boiling water
1/4 c. butter
- Preheat oven at 325° F.
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder. Put aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter into cream. Incorporate the sugar and beat until smooth. Pour in a quarter of the milk and flour mixture. Mix together.
- Repeat this process until you are out of milk and flour.
- Grease an 8"x10" (or 2 1/2 qt.) dish (the bigger the dish you use, the thinner your cake will be. I personally suggest not to use a bigger dish than the one suggested).
- Pour cake batter in your dish and set aside.
- In a medium pot, mix together maple syrup, brown sugar, water and butter.
- Bring to a boil and let it boil for about a minute.
- Pour the maple syrup mixture over the cake batter but DO NOT MIX!
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes.