If your kids like to sew, then this could be a great Valentine project for them. With very little material needed, these bookmarks can be offered to their friends or a family member as a nice gift. Adding a personalized touch by sewing the recipient's initial turns it into a lovely keepsake and will be a sure to say "I love you" this upcoming Valentine's Day!
- Large paper clips
- Embroidery thread
- Small beads (optional)
- Print and cut out a heart template, and then trace and cut out your pieces of felt. Cut two hearts for each bookmark you want to make.
- Sew the paper clip onto the back of one of the hearts.
- Now turn the heart over. Don't worry about the stitches showing on the front, because they will be hidden under the flower and other decorations.
- Sew the flower on using a french knot in the center. Or you could sew it on using a small bead instead.
- Next, sew the front heart to the back heart using the running stitch. To sew along the bottom, just lift up the edges of the petals and sew underneath.
- I have added the initial of the person this bookmark was meant for. Thought it would make it more personal and thoughtful.
- Your Valentine bookmark is now finished and ready to give to a loved one or friend!