I started making my own fudge about two Christmases ago. I adore fudge and was always under the impression that making homemade fudge was mission impossible. Little did I know! It's one of the easiest things to make! Thing is too, there are so many variants you can bring to a fudge recipe: change up the nuts, mint extract rather than vanilla extract, switch from chocolate chips to semi-sweet chips... you can really make it your own! And what better time to make fudge than during the Holidays!? Like really...
2/3 c. 2% evaporated milk
1 c. sugar
2/3 c. brown sugar
2 c. marshmallows
1 1/2 c. chocolate chips
1 1/2 c. walnuts, finely chopped
1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, bring the evaporated milk, brown sugar and sugar to a boil.
- Let it boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. The liquid must simmer on a constant basis; if you let it boil over too hard, it might end up being over cooked.
- Remove from heat and add marshmallows, chocolate, walnuts and vanilla.
- Stir until marshmallows are completely melted.
- Pour into a greased 8-inch square pan.
- Refrigerate for a few hours, until the fudge has hardened.
- Cut into about 30 squares.