Seeing how we are all starting to soak into the Christmas mood, there's no better way to get into the spirit but to do some arts and crafts with our kiddos to create some special moments and marvelous items for around the house. These super adorable homemade magnets can also be offered as a unique gift to a loved one, a teacher, or friend and make great stocking stuffers too. Want another original idea? Turn your magnets into pushpins!
- Transparent glass beads (with one flat side)
- Magnets big enough to hold a glass bead (or use pushpins with a flat head)
- Strong glue (fast drying)
- Stickers, wrapping paper, decorative paper, tissue, fabrics, greeting cards, etc.
- Marker or pen
- Position your bead on top of the item, pattern, design or drawing you would like to feature in your magnet. You can create your own design by applying stickers on a piece of fabric or by mixing mediums together.
- Draw a square around your bead and then cut it.
- Apply glue with toothpick onto your chosen material.
- Place the glass bead on top of the glued spot and press firmly for a few minutes, until you are certain it is glued on solidly (make sure there aren't any air bubbles).
- Cut the excess material around the bead (you might need to use an exacto knife to get more precision).
- Again with the help of a toothpick, glue the magnet behind the bead.
- Let it dry flat.
- Yay! Look at those neat little masterpieces you have created! Superb!