Finger painting is a popular activity amongst toddlers. But moms and dads love it even more when they don't have to worry about their youngsters putting their little fingers in their mouths while painting... if you know what I mean!
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups cold water
- Food colouring
- In a small saucepan, mix together the sugar and cornstarch.
- Slowly whisk in the cold water.
- Over medium heat, continue to whisk mixture until it thickens. Don't let it thicken too much though because it will continue to thicken considerably as it cools off. (Add more water if need be.)
- Decide on how many colours you would like to make, and divide the mixture accordingly into containers.
- Once the mixture has cooled off, stir in your food colouring to create your desired colours.
- Time to get the paper out and paint away!