Sunday, October 14, 2012

Crazy Marbled Brownies
Recipe

I confess. I have the biggest sweet tooth in the whole universe! I am dangerous around anything with sugar. Maybe that by now you have noticed that most of the recipes I share with you are sweets of all kinds. I can't help myself, they taste too delicious! Talking about delicious, these brownies right here are out of this world! They are melt-in-your-mouth yummy. Let's place bets on how long they will last in your household. 

5 oz dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
3/4 c. unsalted butter, cut into cubes
2 eggs
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 flour125 g. cream cheese, softened
1/4 c. sour cream
2 tbsp icing sugar


  • Melt chocolate and butter together either in a bain-marie or in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave. 
  • Let it cool. 
  • In another bowl, combine eggs, brown sugar, sugar and salt and whisk together until smooth. 
  • Add the chocolate mixture and flour and mix all together until the mixture is homogeneous. Preheat the oven at 350° F. 
  • Line the bottom of an 8" square cake pan with a strip of parchment paper, making sure you leave enough on each ends to make handles. 
  • Cover the two other sides with butter. 
  • Pour the brownie mixture into the cake pan. Set aside. 
  • In a bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream and icing sugar. 
  • Mix together with the beaters until it's very smooth. 
  • Using a spoon, drop cheese mixture into 9 teaspoons, side by side, on top of cake. 
  • Run knife through batter to create a marbled effect. 
  • Slightly tap bottom of the pan against the counter to even out the batter. 
  • Bake in the oven for about 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few crumbs and not completely clean. 
  • Let it cool completely. 
  • Take out of pan and cut into squares.


18 comments:

  1. These look absolutely amazing! Chocolate and cream cheese... you can't go wrong! Thanks for sharing.

    Stopping by from the Frugal Friday link party :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look beautiful! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brownies are my absolute favorite. Such a nice comfy food! The recipe looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a huge sweet tooth too! These look so good. Wish I could eat 'em but I doubt they are low fat. lol

    http://www.atticgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks great and you make it sound so easy to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks delicious.. I am really getting hungry now... :-)

    http://www.thecouponingcouple.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not only does it look delicious, but it also looks like a grand art masterpiece! I love it; and can't wait to taste it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to have to try these. They look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks yummy. I have always been scared to try baking marble brownies. I think I wouldn't spread the cream cheese well enough

    ReplyDelete
  10. These make me hungry for an afternoon snack..... =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, yum! These look delicious. I reallllly want some brownies now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look so good, I'll have to try them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, I love cream cheese brownies! I usd to have a recipe like that. It was fabulous! I just may have to make these sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looking at it makes me drool! Thanks for sharing the recipe

    ReplyDelete